The Convergence team is pleased to announce the availability of 1.0.0-rc.8. It’s been almost 10 months since our last release. In that time we have seen a substantial increase in interest in Convergence as developers are more interested than ever in adding collaborative editing to their apps. This is in part due to the surge in remote teams needing to work together as industries adopt teleworking and distributed teams.
There were many bug fixes in both the server and the admin console. Two big features in this release are 1) an upgraded schema management system that will allow semantic version of the convergence and domains schema; and 2) the ability to set permissions by user for collections.
Release Candidate 8 focuses mainly on:
- Upgrading to the latest Akka and Orient DB.
- A new schema migration manager.
- The ability to set user permissions on collections.
- Bug fixes in the admin console.
- Fixes to the historical model playback.
- Code clean up and unit testing.
Check our road map here to see what we are focusing on in general. Next, we intend to work on:
- Performance improvements
- Production hardening
- Ability to upgrade the schema for domains
As always, please report any issues in GitHub directly, our forum, or our Slack workspace.